Boris A. Kruse,
Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Head of the Department of Pedagogy and Psychology, Professor
The programme aims to develop students' personal qualities, as well as to form the competencies in accordance with international requirements for training teachers. It is intended to:
- prepare leaders of international education who aspire to pursue building an international community of high school teachers,
- prepare leaders in international education with the opportunities for professional development throughout life,
- prepare teachers for work in schools of the International Baccalaureate to build a community of effective practitioners and researchers of international education.
Perm State Humanitarian and Pedagogical University is one of 50 Universities in the world that is officially authorized to provide Master's programmes, with the issuance of an international certificate "IB DP Educator Certificate in Teaching and Learning" (Certificate is issued by the organization of the International Baccalaureate in the USA). The programme is becoming increasingly popular among universities in the world. Most universities are located in the USA, UK, Australia, Canada. There are universities in Europe, Hong Kong, Japan, and Turkey.
The programme is aimed at training teachers of various subjects of high school. Graduates of the programme become international teachers recognized by the international community with high academic mobility.
Much attention is paid to professional English. At the end of the programme, graduates receive a certificate of teacher of the International Baccalaureate, which allows them to teach various subjects in the leading schools of the International Baccalaureate of the world. The certificate is issued by the organization of the International Baccalaureate in the United States and frees teachers from having to attend workshops, giving it a great competitive advantage in employment.
The programme is specially developed by the Perm State Humanitarian and Pedagogical University in cooperation with the International Baccalaureate organization, which was established in 1968 as a Swiss foundation with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
The programme is aimed at training teachers of various subjects of high school. Significant attention in the programme is given to a foreign language as the language of professional communication of international teachers. Graduates of the programme become international teachers recognized by the international community. They receive a certificate of an International Baccalaureate teacher, which allows them to teach various subjects in leading schools of the International Baccalaureate.
The programme employs certified international trainers, examiners and experts from the International Baccalaureate. The pedagogical practices provided for in the programme are held at schools of the International Baccalaureate in Russia and abroad.
The IB Educator Certificate in Teaching and Learning gives you the opportunity to:
1) get a job in leading schools of the International Baccalaureate around the world. To do this, there are annual stock exchanges for teachers and various online services;
2) International Baccalaureate teachers with an IB Educator Certificate in Teaching and Learning Certificate are demanded around the world. A typical contract with a school lasts for 3-5 years. The school provides teachers with housing (cottage or apartment), and also compensates for the fare costs;
3) International Baccalaureate schools ensure the participation of their teachers in international professional development events in various countries of the world (workshops, conferences),
4) graduates of the programme are in demand, because they have modern international technologies for organizing the educational process.
Graduates of the programme can pursue a career as International Baccalaureate teachers, holders of an IB DP Educator Certificate in Teaching and Learning Certificate, can develop professionally (programme coordinator, school director, international trainer, international examiner, school authorization expert, employee of the International Baccalaureate organization). They get opportunities for admission to graduate school of Perm State Humanitarian and Pedagogical University.
The uniqueness of the programme also lies in the use of active and interactive forms of conducting classes (seminars, discussions, business and role-playing games, trainings, student research, international webinars) in combination with extracurricular activities organized using authentic media resources, an e-learning system, and global bases of informational and communication portals and other features of modern IT technologies.
The programme can be obtained by foreign citizens with higher professional education, confirmed by appropriate qualifications, as well as the level of English proficiency of at least B1.